Sunday, July 24, 2011

Berlin Berlin

It's interesting to me how different it is coming to Berlin this time around. When I got on that plane for my study abroad year, I was majorly freaking out, as is probably understandable. Am I going to make friends? Will people be mean? What if I try to speak German and nothing comes out but choked gurgling?! But this time it's just...easy. I know people, I know the city, I know how to find things to do. In fact, I know how to find events and things in Berlin better than in Chicago. And while my German doesn't feel quite as 100% strong as it did oh those many years ago, it all came back very quickly and it's getting easier day by day. My college degree isn't completely useless! Well, in that sense, at least.

Assorted Berlin activities:
> Birthday party with a friend - boom boom club dancing, fist pumping, etc
> A couple dinner parties, of varying degrees of schmanciness
> Frisbee in the park
> Flea market
> A literary reading
> A trip to the newly restored Neues Museum to see the famous Bust of Nefertiti
> An exhibit showcasing the personal Polaroid photos of Sybille Bergman, a renowned fashion photographer in the BRD

So much to do! Ja ich lieb dich auch, Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment